Before moving to Perth

Getting ready to move to a different country to study can be a bit overwhelming. We've got all the information you need to be fully prepared by the time you leave.

Before you leave your home country for Australia, you should read our Pre-Departure GuideRegister or login to Student Welcome Services (SWS) for information about moving to Perth to study at Murdoch University. You’ll find a checklist of things to do before you leave, and information about living in Australia and studying at Murdoch.

Applying for a visa

If you are not an Australian citizen, permanent resident or temporary resident, you will need a student visa. These are the steps you need to take to apply for your student visa.

Find out more about applying for a student visa


Learn about scholarships, student loans and other types of financial aid that might be available to you.

Find out more about scholarships

Relocating as a family

You might decide to study here with your family to support you. Read about what you need to consider if you are thinking about moving to Australia as a family.

Learn what you need to consider if relocating as a family

Overseas health cover

You need to have enough health insurance to cover you for unexpected events or illnesses while you are in Australia. Find out more about the level of insurance cover you need and how to apply.

Find out more about overseas health cover

Got a question? Talk to us

International Student Enquiries

+61 8 9360 6063 8am - 8pm   |   Mon - Fri Make an enquiry

Student Enquiries

1300 687 3624 8am - 8pm   |   Mon - Fri Make an enquiry

General Enquiries

08 9360 6000 8:30am - 5pm   |   Mon - Fri Make an enquiry