Course fees

Before applying for a course, it’s a good idea to find out how much it will cost. Find out how undergraduate fees work and whether you’re eligible for financial assistance to help you pay them.

At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, rather than an overall course fee. Some units cost more than others. This may be due to the number of credit points the unit awards or the level of resources required to teach it. 

The amount that you pay will depend on several factors, including whether you are a domestic or international student, your residency status and the units that you choose.

Domestic students
You are a domestic student if you are:

  • an Australian citizen
  • a New Zealand citizen
  • an Australian permanent resident
  • an Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder

As a domestic student your fees will differ from those of international students, and you'll be eligible for a Commonwealth Supported Place in all undergraduate courses.

You may be eligible for a HECS-HELP loan

In a Commonwealth Supported Place, the government pays part of the cost of your course fees each semester and you pay the rest. The part you pay is known as your student contribution.

Australian citizens, eligible New Zealand citizens and holders of permanent humanitarian visas can pay their student contribution either:

  • upfront directly to the university
  • by deferring payment to a HECS-HELP loan.

A HELP loan allows you to defer the payment of your student contribution until your income reaches a certain level. When you’re earning enough money to start repaying your loan, it is repaid through the tax system as a percentage of your salary.

If you’re a non-eligible New Zealand citizen or non-humanitarian permanent resident, you’re not able to defer your fees and will need to pay your student contribution in full each semester.

For more information on the HELP loan scheme, and to find out whether you’re eligible, check out the Australian Government’s StudyAssist site.

International students

If you’re an international student studying in Australia, you are only eligible for an international fee-paying place. Commonwealth Supported Places are not available to international students.

You’ll find an estimated fee detailed in your offer letter which will need to be paid in full by the due date. To determine the exact amount, you can use the Tuition Fee Calculator.

Transnational students

Transnational students are students who study a Murdoch course through our Murdoch Dubai, Kaplan or Murdoch Singapore campuses. If you are an international student studying at an offshore campus, your tuition fees are managed by the local institution and paid directly to them.

For more information, please visit:

Got a question? Talk to us

International Student Enquiries

+61 8 9360 6063 8am - 8pm   |   Mon - Fri Make an enquiry

Student Enquiries

1300 687 3624 8am - 8pm   |   Mon - Fri Make an enquiry

General Enquiries

08 9360 6000 8:30am - 5pm   |   Mon - Fri Make an enquiry