Applying for a HELP loan

If you are a domestic student, you may be eligible for a HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP loan. Government HELP loans enable you to defer payment of your course fees or student contribution.

Whether you’re in a Commonwealth Supported or full-fee paying place, a HELP loan will mean you don't have to pay your course fees or student contribution until your income reaches a certain level. When you’re earning enough money to start repaying your loan, it will be repaid through the tax system as a percentage of your salary.

Before you can apply for either HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP, you will first need to apply for a course and be offered a place at Murdoch. Once you have been sent an offer letter and accepted your place in a course, you can log in to MyInfo as a current student.

In MyInfo, go to Self Enrolment Steps and work your way through each step, in order. This will include the Commonwealth Assistance Form. All Commonwealth supported students are required to complete this step. You will need to provide your Tax File Number (TFN) on the form if you wish to defer your fees.

When you apply

  • Make sure you're eligible

    To apply for a HELP loan you must meet the eligibility criteria. If you are in a Commonwealth Supported Place and wish to defer payment of your student contribution, you'll need to check your eligibility for HECS-HELP. If you are in a full-fee paying place you will need to be eligible for FEE-HELP.
  • Only submit once

    Please go through the form carefully and ensure you have completed all of the required steps. You can only submit the form once within 24 hours. If you need to make changes, please try again the following day.
  • Check your browser

    If you're having trouble with the online form, you may have more luck on a different browser. The forms are best completed using either Firefox, Chrome or later versions of Internet Explorer browsers.
  • Paper forms are available

    If you're having trouble completing the online form, you can contact us to get a copy of a paper form.
  • Include all documentation

    If you have recently become a Citizen or Permanent Resident you must send or submit original or certified copies of your notification. 
For more information on HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP loans visit the Study Assist website.