Everyone has the right to feel safe and secure on campus. Our new MurdochSafe app gives you quick access to all the safety and emergency services you need – on and off campus.
Stay safe wherever you go with MurdochSafe
MurdochSafe is the official safety and emergency app of Murdoch University, giving you fast access to vital safety and emergency services on and off campus.
Available for free on iPhone and Android, MurdochSafe features:
- Campus Security contacts for the Perth, Mandurah and Rockingham campuses
- Campus emergency buttons that notify Security Services of your location
- Quick connection to vital off-campus safety, health and emergency resources such as Police & Emergency Services, Mental Health Emergency Response Line, Lifeline and Crisis Care
- Contacts and information for on-campus medical, counselling, safety and disability services
- Access to Murdoch’s emergency response procedures
- A map sharing function for users to send their location to anyone via email.
Contact Security Services
It’s important to stay safe on campus, particularly at night or in isolated areas of the campus. Our 24/7 security services include emergency assistance as well as escorts to anywhere on campus, so you can get to your class, your car or your home at Murdoch Student Village, safely.
You can contact us on the details below or use a security call point, located around campus, to reach us.
|Central security office||Phone: 9360 6262|
|Perth campus||Ext: 333|
Phone: 9360 7333
|Mandurah campus||Phone: 9360 6262|
Our Security Services team is responsible for:
- 24-hour security patrols and security escort service
- After-hours emergency response and liaison point for emergency maintenance
- Alarm responses, installations and CCTV monitoring and reporting (The average on-campus alarm response time is 4 minutes.)
- Building access control (including keys and electronic access management control, and opening/securing main buildings and teaching rooms + after hours opening of doors
- Crime prevention and victim support
- Emergency planning and responding to emergencies
- First aid (providing first aid assistance)
- Logistical services
- Lost property
- Parking permits and traffic control
We can also help you with information about staying safe on campus and responding to reports about any suspicious activity.
In a life-threatening medical emergency, call 000 (‘Triple Zero’) for Police, Fire or Ambulance Services, then call our Security Services team. For all other emergencies, call Security Services.
Our Security Services team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For more information, visit our Emergencies page.